Friday, March 4, 2011

It's a Boy's World

It is not that often that all our family is able to get together. With us spread between Florida, Kentucky and Illinois we are rarely in the same place at the same time. Last Christmas was one of those special reunions and we made sure to capture the moment.

December 2010

But soon this picture will be outdated because by next Christmas there will be another little person to add. CONGRATULATIONS TO JOSH AND KIM ON BABY #2 and JAKE'S LITTLE SIBLING!

It is remarkable that our family of 5 will grow to 11 in Sept/Oct. See, I grew up with only 4 cousins (and that's counting both sides of the family). Adam will soon have 4 on my side alone to add to the EIGHT on Michael's side.

Look at the picture again. Notice anything interesting among the Under-12 set? Yes, all BOYS!! I have my fingers crossed that Baby Mauney will be a GIRL, which, believe it or not, is a novelty in our family. My parents had 3 girls who have gone on to have 4 boys. What once was a girls' world (poor Dad) has now become a boy empire. Bring on the estrogen!
 
I am so excited to enjoy my little sister's pregnancy without being pregnant myself this time around. I get to live it all with her without being distracted by my own pregnancy. I get to be a 100% devoted AUNT again like I was with nephews Kevin and Kyle, and hopefully in the fall I can be in Illinois for the big moment, or at least very soon after.

Love you, guys, and we wish you a happy, healthy and safe pregnancy! Nap now while you can!

PS. I know you are wondering but are too polite to ask -- While I LOVED being pregnant and look forward to the whole experience again, but we are enjoying Adam so much right now. We haven't even thought about expanding our family. In the meantime I am going to enjoy wave 2 of friends having babies. Wave 1 was all boys... maybe wave 2 will be girls??!  (Fingers crossed)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww... love this! Thanks! And I'm trying to rub all the pink I can on this belly! C'mon baby girl!!! This family is long overdue!

    ReplyDelete