Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sims Kin and Family Time

Last weekend we had our Ohio kin come visit. ("Kin" is a family joke. I don't regularly call my relatives "kin." We joke that they are part of our "line-age". It's a W. Va. thing.) The "Sims Kin" live about 4 hours north, and even with that fairly close proximity we still only see them a couple of times a year. Life gets busy and weekends fill up. We made a quick trip there last month, and they promised to come down to visit soon.... and they did! Love it when a plan comes together!

It's funny, when we go there I still say we're going "to Ohio". It's not like I don't live in Ohio, too. It's just that for all my life whenever we went to visit we were going "to Ohio" or "to Grammy's." Some habits are hard to break.

But as I was saying...

Last weekend they popped down for a visit. Finally living farther north from the rest of the family has it's perks as they came here first for a night! We had dinner, lit a fire, and just sat around and talked. Truly, I think I could talk to my Aunt Karen about anything. I hope she knows how special she is to me. Like a second Mom. Plus, it is so fun to watch her love on Sam. She has such a gift! I am thrilled that she will be a grandmother herself by summer. She was made to love on others.


Cousin Hillary getting infant practice. We're soooo excited for her to be a mommy in May!


Then on Saturday we had all the family together to celebrate Michael's and Dad's birthdays.
Happy Birthday, guys! 



I just LOVE a table that a dozen people family can sit around casually and comfortably. Putting it on my wish list for one of our own.




Can't wait to see these guys again SOON... when they're PARENTS!!

Best wishes, Hillary and Brian!





1 comment:

  1. Great pics of some good family time! And I agree about Aunt Karen... she's so special and I can never get enough. I hope my nephews feel the same way about me someday. :)

    ReplyDelete